Pathfinder™: Self-Discovery & Career Direction
Transition into adulthood with a better understanding of your strengths, development areas, suitable university majors, and fulfilling careers options.APPLY NOW
Who’s It For
- High school students searching for the perfect major
- University/college students looking for their dream career
- Students preparing for job interviews and/or university admissions essays
Why We Made This
- How can you write a university admissions essay, choose the right field of study, or perform in job interviews if you’re not fully aware of your unique talents, interests, and motivations?
- A whopping ninety percent of 16-20 year olds are unaware about their strengths, uncertain about their majors, and unsure about what they want to do as a career. When young people make decisions with this lack of clarity, they later switch degrees, drop out, or even worse— get stuck in a career that’s not fulfilling. With so many options to take your life today, students need— more than ever— a profound level of self-awareness and career direction.
- Guidance counsellors today aren’t equipped with the resources and tools to deliver the personalized support students need to truly understand themselves and what they want in life. This comprehensive self-discovery program helps students deeply understand themselves, and narrow down their best-suited university and career decisions.
“GLA helped me so much on discovering my career interests and redefining my career direction. With his unique experience, Joel became someone I can always look up to when facing critical decisions.”
Student, Queen's Commerce
What You’ll Learn
- Your Strengths & Weaknesses
- What People Think About You
- Your Interests & Motivations
- Your Perfect Major & Career
- Enhanced Emotional Intelligence
- Call: Intro/ Discovery Session (1 hour)
- Assignment: Proprietary Behavioural Assessments (30 mins)
- Call: Assessments Debrief (1 hour)
- Assignment: 360° Assessment Set-up (30 mins)
- Call: 360° Debrief (1 hour)
- Assignment: Answers Archive (2 hours)
- Call: Answers Archive Review (1 hour)
- Call: Final Closing (1 hour)
- Joel Nicholson founded GLA to help educators, students, and dedicated career professionals understand and grow their skills for the modern economy. As a former management consultant, turned entrepreneur and education activist, he became frustrated with the over-emphasis on theory and knowledge in academia; and the lack of access to world-class skills training in the business world. He successfully launched and sold CampusRankings.com—Canada’s #1 website for helping students successfully navigate the transition to college/university. He’s coached hundreds of students and young professionals on skills development, career direction, and holistic leadership.
“ This program was incredibly helpful, and should be essential to all students in high school and university.
This program was incredibly helpful, and should be essential to all students in high school and university.”
“ While working with Joel, he helped me to realize the value of my accomplishments, enhancing my own self-awareness and helping me work towards becoming a better leader.
While working with Joel, he helped me to realize the value of my accomplishments, enhancing my own self-awareness and helping me work towards becoming a better leader.”
“ Working with Joel set me on the path to becoming the best leader I can be, he helped me recognize and appreciate the current and future value of my accomplishments as a student, athlete and a community member.
Working with Joel set me on the path to becoming the best leader I can be, he helped me recognize and appreciate the current and future value of my accomplishments as a student, athlete and a community member.”
Submit your details and we’ll be in touch to confirm registration